Self Fulfillment: Why Is It Important?

Individual self - fulfillment is in my opinion one of the most important factors of life overall, and that starts with freedom of speech, which opens a lot of subcategories starting with expression. Expression is the most important to me because without freedom of expression there is little human dignity, human agency, and autonomy, as Edwin Baker said. Expression enables people to voice their opinion, to be heard, to be different, rather than locking yourself inside a box, being in a category of 100 rather than being in a category by yourself. Especially in artistry, which is 100% expression, is all about self - fulfillment. What is the point of doing anything at all in your life if it is not to bring satisfaction to yourself? To create your own identity, to give yourself a purpose, begins with self fulfillment. This is important to me because I myself feed off of freedom of expression. It gives me purpose and fulfillment, and as an artist, the ability to express myself to the fullest extent without receiving any backlash is a feeling so comforting that everyone should take self fulfillment to heart.                          

Comments

Popular posts from this blog